Communications Associate, Bangalore, India (1 post)
The One Health Trust (OHT) is looking for a detail-oriented, creative, and dynamic communications professional to support the OHT India and global communications team. Candidates should be interested in Global Health and are expected to be organized, and able to multi-task and communicate professionally with diverse stakeholders. The chosen candidate will work with the communications team to ensure quality and consistency in all aspects including social media posts and publications, while also assisting in creating media campaigns and website updates.
The applicant must be based in Bangalore.
Website content writing and editing
- regularly update the OHT website
- prepare communication material to promote new OHT publications on social media platforms
- ensure that content and communications are aligned with OHT style guidelines before publication
- work with designers and copy editors and provide the necessary support to ensure proper usage of style guidelines for publications
- provide internal and external communications support, including preparing a monthly newsletter and training new staff in OHT style guidelines
- provide technical and communication support during local and regional events
- provide assistance in the selection and basic editing of images for the website and publications
- research content and create engaging social media posts for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- assist in revision of media transcription and uploading videos to OHT’s YouTube channel
- monitor social media profiles and feeds, and interact with followers and outside institutions, professionally.
Skills and Experience
- fluency in English is required for this position and previous experience with copyediting is highly desirable
- excellent communication and networking skills.
- detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- ability to work independently
- experience with LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube is required
- experience with WordPress is necessary
- experience with MailChimp is desirable
- a minimum of two years of demonstrable experience in communications, managing institutional social media accounts, updating websites, and applying style guidelines.
- a background in communications, journalism, or a similar field is preferred, but applicants from other fields with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Proposed salary: Dependent on experience
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (no more than 5 pages), and three references by email to [email protected] with the following subject line: Communications Associate (Bangalore, India). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Research Analyst (Remote, United States)
One Health Trust (OHT) seeks an energetic individual to provide research support to its staff. The position will be held remotely.
OHT is a public health research organization with headquarters in Washington, DC and New Delhi, India. Its mission is “to produce independent, multidisciplinary research to advance the health and well-being of human populations in the United States and around the world.” Founded in 2009 as a center of Resources for the Future, OHT is now an independent non-profit organization. OHT’s team of economists, epidemiologists, disease modelers, policy and risk analysts carry out research on malaria, antibiotic resistance, disease control priorities, environmental health, alcohol and tobacco, and various other diseases. Research is divided across four areas: disease dynamics and behavior, disease dynamics and information structure, delivery of new technologies for disease control, and innovative financing. More information about OHT can be found at www.onehealthtrust.org.
About This Job
The Research Analyst will work closely with the OHT’s team of epidemiologists, disease modelers, and economists to provide research support for several different projects. Research-related tasks will include literature reviews, data cleaning and analysis, and manuscript preparation along with some grant and administrative support. The supervisor may assign other tasks as needed.
We seek applicants with backgrounds in global/public health, epidemiology, economics, molecular biology, computer science and/or natural sciences to work as part of our research teams. Candidates must have BA/BS, although an MA/MS/MPH is preferred. We especially seek individuals with knowledge of epidemiology and good analytical reasoning and technical writing skills. Experience with programming using ArcGIS and R/STATA is necessary and programming experience in other languages including SQL or python is a plus. Applicants must be well organized, attentive to detail, and able to work independently.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, CV, writing sample, unofficial transcripts, and 3 professional references to [email protected]. Please include “[YOUR NAME] – Research Analyst, Remote” in the email subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Principals only. EOE. Women & minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.